Thursday, May 21, 2009

Naming a Kid? Try nameing a BLOG!

You know, I've had Xanga, LiveJournal, and Facebook, but never an "official" blog. It's that time now!

So picking a name for my blog became the hardest part of this whole experience. I know I have random stuff I can write about, as my life is totally interesting.... right... but a name to sum up everything I will be talking about? Harder than you think. I was amazed at how hard this task really became. I used name generators for inspiration, looked all around my cube for random words I could put together, and came up with squat. I wasn't sure if I'd ever get to blog at all since you can't blog without a good blog name!

In a last effort I posed this question on my G-Chat Status: "I need a name for my blog. Suggestions welcome." and within 5 minutes I had several responses from my friends. YES! What great friends - who instead of actually working at work decide to hang out on G-Chat all day and answer my status questions. Yes. Great friends indeed. :)

A few of the failed names include:
  • Monka Bang!
  • Random Encounters with my Brain
  • Monica Bean
  • Rhythm in my Shoes
  • The Boring Blog
  • And more...
Then, finally, with divine inspiration, my friend Joe or Chinchilla, (see left), came up with the genius name I now call blog home -- Moni-logue. Now for all of you slow thinkers out there, it's a play on the words Monologue, as the long speeches given by a single person in a play, much like what this blog will be to all of you - the theatrical view of my life.

So thank you Joe for naming my blog - as I take no credit in coming up with it. You rock. Now go roll in some dirt.



**EDIT** I was told Chincilla's roll in dust not dirt. Sorry about that Mr. Joe.

3 comments:

  1. Your dirt comment is offensive to Joe. It's dust that he rolls in. And his picture is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added the edit just for you Brett.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Moni-Logue! I love it! That is one smart chinchilla.

    ReplyDelete