Thursday, June 25, 2009

You Say FINALLY, I Say OKAY!

Ok, okay. I'm back on here after much yelling at me to post something.

So today I am going to post about...(wait for it...)... OUTDOOR EXERCISE! ::cheers::

Yes, now that it is officially summer, there are so many more thins to do outside exercise wise! I don't really like gyms, unless I'm playing volleyball, basketball, raquetball or aerobics in them (which is hard to do by yourself!) so I need to find more interesting ways to get my exercises in. Having a desk job is not complimentary to ones figure.

So here are some of my favorite things to do outside:

  1. Bike Ride - this is an easy way to enjoy the outdoors without injuring your knees & feet. Though it may injure your butt if you have a bad seat. I recently rode my bike to the library (woo books!) and I plan on going on the bike trails with my parents on the July 4th weekend. Everyone can ride a bike, so why not go out and do it! It's a great way to look around and get in exercise at the same time.
  2. Rollerblade - haha yes flashback to 1982, with the sweatband, oversized Tee and sports bra hanging out. That's what I look like. Ok no. I don't. But I do like the rollerblading part! While many side streets around me are getting re-paved, I've had to re-work my route a few times. But it's a great way to also relieve pressure from knees while working out. I usually don't rollerblade alone, my BF comes with me too! It's nice!
  3. Sand Volleyball - I love indoor volleyball, but something about getting sand everywhere and in places you didn't even know you had = a great time. Every Friday I head to Delco to participate in a 2-4 hour game of volleyball. Some days I hate going (I'm always tired after work on Fridays), but when I do go, I always have a good time. I get to see friends, talk to them, and smack a volleyball around! What could be better? Just remember to bring water!
  4. Dance Classes - On Monday's I head downtown to the Rhythm in Shoes studio to take Clogging and Tap classes with the one and only JANET! haha I have been tapping since I was a baby, and it's so nice to be able to learn new steps, keep my feet trained, and just groove to the music. GREAT way to work up a sweat! I am taking the clogging class because Sharon from RIS told me I have to learn how to clog before I dance with them in September. PS - I'm dancing at Carrillon Park on September 26th, 2009 if you want to come see the show! If you like to dance, and don't have experience, or just want to hone your skills, I suggest looking up local studios and taking some classes! They are a wonderful way to stay active.
  5. Evening Walk - I like these on really hot days. If you wait till later in the evening, it's usually cooler. Plus walking 30 minutes a day can really help you out. I enjoy walking on Fraze concert days so I can enjoy the music as well :)
  6. Sports League - If you want something that you can really have fun with while socializing, join a sports league! I'm on the UD Alum softball team and love every minute of it. Of course we probably ruin any benefit from working out when we go out to bars after the game... but it's still a good time.

And that's what I do! I am looking forward to going putt-putt soon, and maybe canoeing?! YES SUMMER!

What are some ways you work out in the summer??

No comments:

Post a Comment